Congratulations to Kelly Beckwith of Pacific Northwest Best Fish for his ten years of operation. They'll celebrate this Saturday, September 25, from noon to 7 pm, with live music, a wine bar, appetizers, art work from Alcove Art Gallery members, cooking demonstrations, face paintings for the kids, fishing rods and jigs, etc. All cafe entrees and retail fish market foods will be 10% off. Sounds like fun! PNBF is at 24415 NE 10th Avenue. Information: 887-4268.
Confluence Winery will present an evening of music Friday, September 24 from 5-8 pm, from Eric John Kaiser, the "Portland French Troubadour." Food and wine will be available for purchase. Confluence is at 19111 NW 67th Avenue. Information: 887-2343, email@example.com.
Ridgefield Kayak has three scheduled guided trips during BirdFest that fill up fast, so I am announcing them early. Some of these trips are almost full, so call now if you're interested in getting a water-side view of the Refuge and surrounding areas.
Friday, October 8, Sunset Paddle, 4-7 pm
Saturday, Guided paddle, 10 am - 2 pm
Sunday, Guided Paddle, 10 am - 2 pm
Information: www.ridgefiekldkayak.com, 727-4520 or 503-319-1146.
The theme of October's First Friday will be BIRDs in honor of BirdFest. Pick up a booklet at any participating store, visit each store on the list and find the clue. Turn in your completed booklet for a chance to win a gift basket from the Sportsman Bar and Grill. More about this next week. Information: 727-3588 or 887-2160.
This year's BirdFest celebration will include blue grass music all day, both Saturday and Sunday, October 9th and 10th. $10 buttons will get you in all the venues, and are available at Agave, Columbia Credit Union, First Independent, Pickled Heron, Pioneer Street Café, Old Liberty Theater and Zebrun's Starliner. Musicians will be jamming all over town - it will be a great day! Information: 887-7260.
Tuesday, September 28th, the Ridgefield Business Association will host an After Hours Social at the Old Liberty Theater from 5 to 7 pm. It's open to all, and is a good way to meet people and promote your business. The cost is a very reasonable $5 and includes to drink chits and refreshments. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drivers on Interstate 5 and State Route 501 will encounter daytime and nighttime lane and ramp closures this week at the I-5/SR 501 interchange near Ridgefield (Exit 14). This work was originally scheduled for Sept. 13 - 18, but was rescheduled because of wet weather.
Drivers may encounter construction congestion on I-5 afternoons and nights. Delays of up to 20 minutes are expected on SR 501. Work is weather-dependent and may be rescheduled in the event of inclement weather.
Scheduled closures in the vicinity of the interchange include:
- Wednesday, Sept. 22 to Saturday, Sept. 25: Up to two lanes will close nightly from 6 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. in both directions of I-5.
- Wednesday, Sept. 22 to Friday, Sept. 24: The right lane on northbound I-5 will close from noon Wednesday to noon Friday.
- Friday, Sept. 24 to Sunday, Sept. 26: The right lane on southbound I-5 will close noon Friday to noon Sunday.
- Wednesday, Sept. 22: The northbound I-5 off-ramp to SR 501 will be fully closed from 10 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday.
- Thursday, Sept. 23: The northbound I-5 on-ramp from SR 501 will be fully closed from 10 p.m. Thursday to 5 a.m. Friday.
- Friday, Sept. 24: The southbound I-5 off-ramp to SR 501 will be fully closed from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday.
- Saturday, Sept. 25: The southbound I-5 on-ramp from SR 501 will fully closed from 10 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Sunday.
- Wednesday, Sept. 22 to Saturday, Sept. 25: Drivers face intermittent delays of up to 20 minutes on SR 501.
Alternate routes: During ramp closures, drivers can take La Center Road (Exit 16) and SR 502 (Exit 11).