1. Safety and security for the citizens within the Lewis River's floodplain.
2. Diverse recreation opportunities for the residents of the area.
3. Preserve and enhance fish and wildlife.
4. Protect the social structure of the communities.
5. Enhance the connection between the people and the river they live near.
6. Partnerships with responsible agencies and organizations to protect the long-term interests and needs of the area's residents.
7. Sufficient information to enable people to make informed and intelligent decisions.
8. A balanced, fair and equitable settlement that addresses the interests of all the parties and enables them to work together cooperatively in the future.